Have your voice heard in the industry’s longest running survey
We just announced our sixth Drone Market Sector Survey, established to provide clear benchmarks for the industry. This survey is the online research portion of our upcoming 2022 Market Sector Report, and will provide a comprehensive look across drone purchases, service providers, business and public agency buyers and software services.
The 2022 survey is more comprehensive than ever before, by building on top of our previous efforts and diving deeper into:
- What types of users are deploying advanced drone operations (BVLOS, over people, etc)
- What drone programs are deploying docked drone (drone-in-a-box) systems from what manufacturers
- Deployment of other uncrewed or imaging systems alongside drones
Take the brief 10-minute survey here: https://droneanalyst.typeform.com/22-survey
As an incentive for participation in the survey, respondents have an opportunity to:
- Receive a free summary report of the research results, a $95 value
- Enter to win one of two $400 gift cards
About Our Annual Survey & Report
If you’re not familiar with our Market Sector Reports, here is a quick refresher. Started in 2016, these market sector reports have provided concrete data about who is buying and using small unmanned aircraft systems (aka drones). While it originally focused on hardware purchases, the survey has evolved to track the complex nature of the drone industry.
In 2017, the report expanded to better understand drone service providers and business buyers. In 2018, improvements were further made to measure maturity of drone programs and actual usage of drones. In 2020, changes assessed the impact of COVID-19, US-China trade war and the origins of corporate drone programs. 2021 saw similar expansions, tracking adoption of other uncrewed systems, prevalence of automation across the drone operations stack and refined our approach to software.
This year’s report will again make improvements by assessing the prevalence of advanced operations like BVLOS flights, usage of docked drone systems and more.
Results From 2021
Last year we saw over 1,800 respondents to our survey and a slew of interesting findings. These findings have come out through the summary shared to all respondents, trend articles posted on our website and industry media coverage. Below are a few links where you can find what’s online:
- Summary of 2021 findings for respondents is here
- Trends that defined the drone industry in 2021
- Just how automated are drone ops?
What is Covered in the Survey?
- Who’s buying what types of drones from which makers at which prices and for what uses?
- How large are drone-based service providers, what is the market share of pilot networks and how and where are they positioning themselves?
- What most concerns businesses that perform drone-based projects and why?
- How much are service providers, business buyers, and public agencies using flight management and data analytic software for image-based projects?
Who Should Take This Survey?
- Individuals or organizations who have purchased a drone in the past 12 months for any reason
- Commercial drone service providers
- Businesses, enterprises, and public agencies that perform drone-based operations
Why This Study?
We believe the consumer and commercial drone market needs this annual benchmark study. There is a lack of objective information on the drone industry. We find an absence of credible market-based research and little understanding of the difference between large industry forecasts and actual buyer adoption rates – which we have already seen diverge significantly from reality. This study will clarify much of that.
The survey will be open for several weeks, and results will be available in late August.